People throughout the country are currently using CBD (cannabidiol) to manage symptoms related to a number of conditions, including migraines, depression, anxiety disorders, epilepsy, and chronic pain.
In fact, nearly half of all people who use CBD to treat their conditions end up giving up their other medications altogether.
Clearly, lots of people are using CBD successfully. But, there’s still a lot of confusion regarding CBD dosing and delivery methods.
Read on to learn how to figure out how much CBD to take (and the different ways to take it) to experience its benefits.
CBD Administration Methods
There are tons of different CBD products on the market these days. Some of the most popular administration methods include:
- CBD oil
- CBD edibles (coming soon to Denver CBD)
- CBD vapes (coming soon to Denver CBD)
Of all these different administration methods, CBD oil is probably the most popular. It’s easy to consume and comes in a variety of different flavors. But, some people have a hard time figuring out how much CBD oil to take to experience its effects.
How to Figure Out How Much CBD to Take
If you’re not sure how much CBD oil you ought to be taking, there are a few different factors you need to consider, including the following:
- The condition you’re using CBD oil to treat
- The severity of your symptoms
- The strength of your CBD oil
- Your age, height, and weight
Clearly, there’s a lot to take into account. Generally speaking, the best approach when consuming CBD oil is to start small and work your way up over time.
But, how much do you start with? The following dosing guidelines can help you figure out a good starting point:
- Chronic pain: 2.5-20 milligrams per day
- Epilepsy treatment: 200-300 milligrams per day
- Sleep disorders: 40-160 milligrams per day
- Glaucoma: 20-40 milligrams per day
- Schizophrenia: 40-1,200 milligrams per day
Remember, once you’ve figured out the ideal dose range for your condition, it’s best to start with the lowest dose possible.
CBD is generally considered to be safe and has limited side effects. But, it’s still best to be careful when trying something new.
How to Measure Your CBD Dose
It can be hard to measure CBD oil. These tips can help make the process a bit easier:
- Figure out how many milligrams of CBD are in your bottle of CBD oil
- Figure out how many milliliters of CBD oil are in the bottle
- Assume that the dropper holds 1 milliliter of liquid (this is the case for most droppers)
- Divide the number of milliliters in the bottle by the total amount of CBD in the bottle
For example, if you have a 30-milliliter bottle of CBD oil that contains 1200 milligrams of CBD, you’ll divide 1200 by 30 and get 40. That means there are 40 milligrams of CBD in each full dropper.
If you want to take a 20-milligram dose of CBD, you’d take half a dropper.
Try CBD Today
Now that you know how to use CBD and how to figure out how much CBD to take, you might be interested in giving it a try.
If you’re looking to try CBD oil today, we’ve got you covered at Denver CBD. We even sell CBD drops for your pet! PLUS we are continually creating new products to best fit our customers!
Head to our online store today to check out all our different products.
Everything we produce is sourced from organic, Colorado-grown hemp and is third-party tested to ensure purity. When you use our products, you can rest easy knowing you’re getting the highest quality items on the market.